Cumulative Update 2 (CU2) for Microsoft System Center Service Manager 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is available for download from the Microsoft Download website.
This cumulative update is a rollup of fixes for System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1. It supersedes SP1 Cumulative Update 1 (CU1) and contains a superset of the fixes that are provided in SP1 CU1. It can be applied to SP1 CU1 or directly to a Service Manager 2010 SP1 installation.
Included in this update are fixes for the following issues:
- Exception when you move between views in the UI
- Console stability fix while you switch between views
- Knowledge search performance improvements
- Console performance improvements
- Improvements to grooming
- A fix to the notifications infrastructure
- Added ability to see affected incidents in portal
- Active Directory Connector improvements
- Extending a large-volume class causes the Service Manager console to stop responding indefinitely
- Adding a 25th child item on a list results in an error
- Fact tables that are based on relationships with properties lose data after the relationship is deleted
You can download it from here:
Additional detail and installation instructions:
There is also an Authoring Tool management pack library update with this so make sure you update the management packs in your library wherever you have the authoring tool installed.
Important If you have not installed Cumulative Update 1 (CU1), an additional step is required if you previously imported a custom management pack that defines a fact table that contains properties. In this case, you have to upgrade the custom management pack. To do this, follow these steps:
- Increase the management pack version.
- Reseal the management pack.
- Reimport the management pack.
The MPSyncJob job then automatically syncs the reimported management pack to the data warehouse on the next synchronization, and the affected transform procedures are updated.
On a computer that has the Service Manager Authoring Tool installed, update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool. To do this, follow these steps:
- On the cumulative update download page, download the following file to the local computer on which the Authoring Tool is installed:
- Double-click the .exe file, and then wait for the files to be extracted.
- Locate the following folder:
%SystemDrive%\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010\hotfix_KB2542118\AuthoringToolMPUpdate
Note This is where the management pack files were extracted.
- Copy all files from that folder to the following folder, replacing the existing files:
Authoring Tool installation drive\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft System Center\Service Manager 2010 Authoring\Library\
- If the Authoring Tool is running, restart it to load the updated management packs.
Note If you do not update the management packs in the Library folder of the Authoring Tool, and then you later try to open a management pack in the Service Manager Authoring Tool that references the updated management packs that are included with this cumulative update, you are prompted to specify the location of the updated management packs. The dialog box that is displayed may contain the following text:
Service Manager Authoring Tool
Referenced management pack not found:
[Name=Management Pack Name, Key Token=31bf3856ad364e35, Version=7.0.6555.101].
Click Ok to manually locate it.