A few weeks ago Microsoft kicked off the summer campaign, although looking outside doesn’t feels like summer.
During the summer months July and August Microsoft will send out 4 newsletters which have been pimped into a summer look and feel.
Just navigate to Here and start learning.
The following parts are already published
Still to come…
- The best of TechDays 2011
I’ll keep you Posted.
Last week Provance has released V1.2 SP1 of its IT Asset Management Pack and Data Management Pack. The download is available at community.provance.com in the resource section. The announcement details along with the fix/feature list are available on the home page of the Provance community. In addition to fixes some new features are available as follows:
Asset Management Pack Enhancements
· Track by Assignment
· New BFA Values displayed for Software Title and Versions
· BFA Details graphical display
Data Management Pack Enhancements
- New Operations
- o For Strings: Concatenate, Substring, Split
- o For Lists: Copy
- o Date/Time: Value
- o Boolean: Copy, Value
- Don’t Create if Blank
- PowerShell Support for Import
- o Includes Provance Data Management Shell
A number of blogs have been written about the new features with more blogs to come, see the News and Products blogs for more details.
Not a Provance Customer or Partner?
There are a number of external Provance resources that can be of assistance.
Download an evaluation version of the Provance IT Asset Management Pack for Microsoft Service Manager HERE.
I hope this can help you.
Today on the Windows For Your Business blog, They announced the beta of the next release of Windows Intune.
Some key new features include:
- Simplify the task of distributing software and updates- In addition to Microsoft patches and updates, you can now use Windows Intune to deploy third-party applications and updates to your managed PCs.
- Manage all your software licenses. If you need a better way to manage all your software licenses, look no further. Now you can upload and track Microsoft Retail and OEM licenses and third-party license agreements in addition to Microsoft Volume License agreements.
- Get better hardware reporting . We’ve made it simple for you to view or create reports on hardware data—including manufacturer, chassis type, available disk space, installed memory, and CPU speed.
For a full list of features, check out the following content:
Each new update builds upon the prior version, so regardless of when you purchase the subscription, you’ll automatically get the latest and greatest features available in our commercial release.
Want to try out these cool new features? Then sign up for the Windows Intune Beta for a preview of the updates we’ve made to the service. Please note that the beta can be used on up to 10 PCs until 30 days after the update is commercially available and cannot be migrated to the commercial release.
If you are in the market for a management and security solution today, we encourage you to sign up for a free 30-day trial of our commercial release for 25 PCs to see how Windows Intune can help your business today.
Ready to buy after your 30 days? It’s easy to smoothly migrate your trial to a paid subscription. The commercial release is our fully supported offer and guarantees a financially-backed 99.9% uptime service level agreement.